Current Events

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Downward Facing Dog - Upward Facing Dog, My Cat and Easy Does It

Many times a day I actually watch my cat do a series that is predictable: yawn - downward facing dog - upward facing dog. Now, finally I learned my lesson....

My cat - Tuxedo - is ever so relaxed. True, he has not many responsibilities, but still, he is taking care of himself and is not letting himself go. So, once I got over the funny fact that my cat is doing yoga (downward facing dog and upward facing dog are yoga poses), I started watching him a little more carefully. I love to see how it comes over him so naturally. He does not seem to be conflicted whether or not to stretch now and do a little self-care.

Despite of him sleeping some 19 to 22 hours a day he is fit. I read that the purring might have that effect, since it is quite strenuous (did you ever try Ujay breathing - also needs effort). Scientists believe that this and the stretching is enough for cats to stay fit and limber. Wow, I want that! Why over exercise?

Well, I love learning from my cat. So in this case I realize that a little goes a long way when it is focused and just the right thing. Also, being conflicted about an action is a waste of energies and comes with a questionable outcome. From that I want to vow that I will make up my mind and either do something in a fully present way at my own speed and pace or I let it be.

Once I apply all that I myself might have 19 hours a day freed up and could sleep or do some other things that never seemed to fit in.

Let me know what you have learned from your pet. I would love to hear about it.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment